On 8/5/10 20:48, "Mark Sokolovsky" <coolmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have recently bought an ATI Radeon 9600 with 256MB video RAM. I know
> I have to do some tweaking to put it in a PM G4 graphite Sawtooth....
> It is a PC card. I have Leopard on the sawtooth right now, but the
> video card has only 64MB video RAM. The video card in it right now is
> an Nvidi GeForce 4 MX/MX 440 with 64MB of RAM. I want to put in the
> radeon for better graphics. I originally had an ATI RAGE 128 Pro in it
> with a measely 16MB of VRAM, and it was unbearable to work with.
> Dashboard lagged, and the icon animation effect wook 5 minutes to do
> one bounce cycle. With this GeForce card, I have good graphics,
> dashboard is really smooth, and everything is great as far as OS X
> goes. But when I play online games like super mario flash, i lags. The
> Windows do minimize smoothly and everything is good, I just want an
> even better video card.

    The PC 9600 models are mostly unusable in a mac - those that will
convert must have BGA ram (square) rather than the slower TSOP ram (oblong).
    See.....

    <http://themacelite.wikidot.com/9600bga>

    even though it may be convertible to mac it may suffer from reduced
performance or non working ports. The 9500/9700/9800/XT models are more easy
to convert.

Pete