Agreed. I'm still loving the MDD G4, and for less than $200 you can
find dual 1.25GHz, 2GB memory, and a Leopard OS.
G4 or G5 will not run Snow Leopard, which requires an Intel chip.
If I were to give a warning, it would be that you need a USB 2.0 card,
all of about $10, and that's the only needed upgrade.

I had beige G3 both with 500MHz sonnet chips. No regrets, but they
were getting long in the tooth.
I've made the claim that if you look at MIPs/$, the G4 is at the peak
as far as I'm concerned.