I also have Leopard 10.5.8 in my PM G4 sawtooth, (400Mhz PowerPC G4 7400)
and it works flawlessly. I do have experience on this, and it is just fine,
although I do have some suggestions.
1: If you have an ATI RAGE 128 Pro, please trash it and get a new video
card, because video cards with less than 64MB of VRAM are very unpleasant to
use. Leopard will be EXTREMELY SLOW if you don't get a new video card. I got
myself an Nvidia GeForce 4 MX/MX440 with  64MB of VRAM, and it works okay.
2: The more RAM, the better. I have 4GB (yes, not 2GB!) but 4GB of RAM in my
iSaw, but do you know how? I have 4 1GB modules in place that work with the
machine, but first I did an open firmware hack. I don't exactly remember
how, but it worked. 2GB of RAM on a iSaw with Leopard is still will make
quite a racing machine out of your sawtooth, but if i could somehow remember
the command in terminal, I could help you bump up your RAM from 2GB to 4GB.
I pulled out my modules from Dell Poweredge 2500 servers. But beware, I ran
into many mistakes doing this and had to re-install Leopard 4 times. After
everything is done, no longer will you be tormented by Kps that have to do
with your 4GB of RAM.

--
 Sent from my Power mac G4 Sawtooth.