On Jun 13, 2010, at 9:49 PM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Jeffrey Engle <macgu...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 13, 2010, at 9:38 PM, JOHN CARMONNE wrote:

I watch movies on my wireless network by mounting the image that's stored on a remote machine. It works good for me. The streaming takes a lot of processor. But that's just how I see it.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
From TiBook 800

was trying to get away with a mini and a remote control / front row..... VLC seemed to work better for some things but not with purchased content from apple. If I "slim" down the system by trashing apps and running processes, that should help? maybe? Jeff

Lightening processor load will certainly help.

Adrian's got it here.
Turn off everything except the video stuff and it'll help, Everything! AFAIK my latest project machine in this catagory is a G4 Cube with a Sonnet 1.2 GHz processor and 1.5 GB RAM and it just squeeks by on a good amount of streamed stuff but by no means all and it's kinda annoying But it plays images super and great sound.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
From TiBook 800