On Jun 15, 9:17 am, JOHN CARMONNE <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2010, at 9:01 AM, janespra...@comcast.net wrote:
>
> > I need to install 10.4 on a G3 Lime iMac. However, I have a few
> > problems to overcome.
>
> > 1. I live in Portland, OR, and the iMac is in Las Vegas, where I
> > will be visiting.
> > 2. The iMac does not have a DVD drive. The Tiger install disc
> > (disk????) that I own is DVD.
> > 3. I do NOT have access to an external CD drive to take with me.
> > 4. I can't seem to find a Tiger install CD.
>
> > Does anyone out there have a Tiger install CD? Can anyone make one
> > for me?
>
> Make an image of you DVD and use Disk Utiliy to restore the image on
> a USB stick it will boot the G3 and install from it.
>
> JOHN CARMONNE

Will the iMac boot up from the USB stick/flash drive? I thought G3's
could not boot up from a USB drive. After making the Disk Image, would
I just drag it on to a flash drive or does it have to be installed on
it?

Also, 10.3 is currently on the iMac.. It's been a while since I have
done an upgrade. So would Archive and Install till be an option?

Jane