On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Jeffrey Engle <macgu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, new to the scsi thing as you might have guessed. it just seems to me
> that it's such a "yesterday" technology, why is it still in big demand?
> isn't sata better? (yes, I might just learn something here) Jeff

I dunno look at this ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI and then look at
the wikiPs for SATA and other interfaces as well as the external drive
interface protocols. Then look at costs for modern SCSI drives. And if the
prices don't scare you off pay your money and take your choice.

SCSI was great for the PCI Macs. But those old drives got behind as things
moved ahead.
Tiger Direct seems to have sold off the last of their stock months ago. they
are getting harder to find. I like the technology but SATA is good enough
for end users on a budget. But if you get a deal on working drives and a Mac
friendly interface card check your storage needs and alternatives against
the cost. Just beware of wear and tear on used drives.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluxstreamcommunication/