On Jun 23, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Dan wrote:

> At 7:01 AM -0700 6/23/2010, John Carmonne wrote:
>> I have a movie that's a .mkv file  4.46 GBs I want to burn it to a DVD but I
>> can't get Toast 10 to see it as an image I also tried Toast 8 and 6 still no
>> cigar. Is this spometing I can do?
>
> Convert the mpeg4 video contained in the mkv file into mpeg2 with ffmpeg.
> Then build the DVD-Video with Sizzle and burn the resulting dmg with Disk
> Utility.  Or, if you don't care about how pretty the DVD be, then skip Sizzle
> and use Burn.
>
> Not sure if Burn will recognize the mkv directly - if it does, then it will
> run ffmpeg and do the burning for you.
>
> The command line to run ffmpeg directly would be:
>
> ffmpeg -i "My Video.mkv" -target ntsc-dvd -b 4000k "My Video.mpg"
>
> - Dan.
> --

As you can see I hope that I'm getting shot down on this so far.

Last login: Tue Jun 22 23:54:56 on console
Big-Al:~ JohnCarmonne$ fmpeg -i "My Video.mkv" -target ntsc-dvd -b 4000k "My
Video.mpg"Crazy Heart [2009].mkv
-bash: fmpeg: command not found
Big-Al:~ JohnCarmonne$ ffmpeg -i "Crazy Heart.mkv" -target ntsc-dvd -b 4000k
"Crazy Heart.mpg"
-bash: ffmpeg: command not found
Big-Al:~ JohnCarmonne$

John Carmonne