On Jul 4, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Dan wrote:

> At 11:29 AM -0700 7/4/2010, John Carmonne wrote:
>>
>> I would use CCC in a heart beat but it doesn't work to a drive on another
>> machine, that's where I keep all my itunes libraries and movie .iso files.
>> Unless I'm missing something here, that's why I choose RsyncX is because it
>> allows backups over a network. It works for me some times but the error code
>> 12 has m e screwed up.
>
> Ok.  I missed your "over the LAN" comment in your OP.  But also in your OP
> you say you want a ***BACKUP***.
>
> CCC *will* backup files over AFP.  It simply creates a sparse disk image on
> the destination.
>
> If your intention is to SYNCHRONIZE the files on both computers, so each
> computer contains the same files and those files are equally accessible with
> iTunes etc.... then use ChronoSync.  It has an up-to-date build of rsync in
> it.
>
> - Dan.
> --
> - Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

Well I guess I "miss spoke" (that's kinda the fashion  nowadays) I want the
libraries and DVD file accessible to all my machines so I want synchronized
copies on one of my machines other than the working machine, if that makes
sense that way if I add something  on any box I can sync all the kids:-)

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP