At 1:15 PM -0700 7/4/2010, John Carmonne wrote:
On Jul 4, 2010, at 12:48 PM, Dan wrote:
 > At 12:34 PM -0700 7/4/2010, John Carmonne wrote:
>> I want the libraries and DVD file accessible to all my machines so I want synchronized copies on one of my machines other than the working machine, if that makes sense that way if I add something on any box I can sync all the kids:-)

Why so many copies? Why not just designate one machine as your "server" and treat it like a NAS -- mount its volumes on your other machines.

> How big are said libraries? Perhaps a service like Dropbox would work. In addition to stashing stuff (encrypted) in Amazon's cloud, it automatically keeps things sync'd on every machine connected.

The libraries are all around 1.5 TB up also there are a few of them.

A bit big and expensive for Dropbox then. :)

The server idea is kinda what I'm doing I got real tired of all those damn externals all over the place so I'm now using a PM G5 Dual 2.7 with 10 TBs to do the storage But most of the time I use the MBP or one of the Cubes to work with I want to be able to sync from where ever I am at the time. I tried the Mobile Me thing but way too slow. I,m at the moment giving Cronosync a try like Chance recommended maybe it will do the trick. I have a lot of machines that I use in any given day, mostly because I can, and it gives me something to do on the weekends fixing WIFU during the week.:-)

Lemme know how it goes with ChronoSync.  I've heard good things about it.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.