On Jul 18, 2010, at 7:10 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

> I think this has been answered already. For non-Apple OEM drives you need
> Patchburn for Tiger. It's nothing to do with the iTunes update, you need
> Patchburn to add support for all Apple applications including Disk Utility,
> iMovie, etc.
>
> In Leopard Apple ditched the requirement of OEM-Apple drives, which is why
> there is no Leopard version of Patchburn.
>
> <http://www.patchburn.de/>

That's not the problem here.  His drives have been working fine WITHOUT
Patchburn (many drives work flawlessly on Tiger without the use of PatchBurn)
until the last iTunes update.  It's something to do with the iTunes update
itself, perhaps it's being a lot more stingy with what devices it will work
with than it was before?  Still, it's worth a shot to see if PatchBurn fixes
the problem.  It may, and it may not, it depends on how much they've messed up
iTunes with this last update.