On Jul 18, 2010, at 5:53 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:

Vendor ID:      0x058f

When I Google "0x058f" I immediately see "Generic USB 2.0 cardreader" which makes me think this device likely requires a USB 2.0 port to work? It would be worth the investment in a cheap USB 2.0 PCI card. Also, unless your keyboard is a newer USB 2.0 keyboard the ports on the keyboard will also be the slower USB 1.0 ports, so you'll need to attach the cardreader directly to the USB 2.0 PCI card ports or a USB 2.0 hub attached to this card. You can used the onboard USB 1.0 ports for your keyboard & mouse or other USB 1.0 devices.