On Jul 20, 2010, at 3:27 PM, Gus wrote:

Chime.  No Video.

After the chime is there any sign that the HD is working like it's booting normally?

Can you use keyboard commands to initiate Shutdown or Restart? (Control-Eject and then Return for shutdown; OR Command-Control-Eject for immediate restart; OR Command-Option-Control-Eject for immediate shutdown).

If any of these keyboard commands for shutdown or restart work, you're booting normally and have no video. I don't think this is likely, but I also don't think a bad CPU will chime normally, so you've got a enigma.

This page <http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/index.cfm?page=zif/bwjumpers.html > has more complete jumper settings, and says: "Some indications of too high a clock speed are instability, crashing, video artifacts, NO VIDEO, no start chime." I'm thinking perhaps the jumpers are wrong still?