There is a very slim chance this will work, as it all depends on whether the
processor is compatible, the CPU bus speed, and if the machine will accept
it. I tried putting a dual 500Mhz in my other 400Mhz sawtooth, and no luck
came around.

I'm not saying it's impossible, i'm saying I have had too many instances
where something like this failed. The warning is, to not waste money on
something that won't work. try before you buy.

--
 From Mark's iMac G3 Graphite