I found this on newegg for $55.00 do you think it would be good for this
computer??? I can't seem to find any better deals on ebay and this is a new
one...
     Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive...
   Also I heard some mention about a SATA PCI card, will I still need to get
this to make better improvement to this machine and will it help the HD too???
Thank You!!!   Rich

>>> Ok the computer was built around July 2002 it has a 466mhz processor, 896mb
>>> (1-128mb/1-256mb/1-512mb), ATI rage 128 pro video card, 30G 5400rpm IBM
>>> Deskstar HD (March 2001), Sony CD-RW CRX140E, IOMEGA ZIP 250... I think for
>>> now all she needs to do is add 2 more 512mb cards, 7200rpm HD, probably
>>> that SATA PCI card, and Tiger and I think she will be good to go??? If we
>>> get everything used off ebay this should keep the price under $100, I
>>> already have the >Tiger disc... She has a HP 23" monitor from the PC she is
>>> using now but I think she will have to change the video >card to run that
>>> monitor??? I'm not sure if this Gateway 2000 CrystalScan 16" I found will
>>> be good enough though??? >This is where I'm at with this right now and it's
>>> up to her, I do not think she would even have a problem with >spending $200
>>> because she tells me she loves this machine!!!
>

>>>  I have a friend who has this G4 Power Mac M5183 tower and keyboard she
>>> doesn't have the monitor, she wants to >upgrade this machine to it's full
>>> capacity and run Tiger 10.4.11 so she can do her web design work and it
>>> needs to >be dual boot OS9.2.2 too... She can't afford a new one and she is
>>> frustrated with the PC she is now using... >Anyone out there have any
>>> ideas??? I know we need to max the memory and I don't know what the max
>>> is... How about >a HD what would be the best and the biggest to make it
>>> faster??? How about upgrading the processor??? I haven't >opened it up yet
>>> to see what it has in it yet, but she wants to do everything she can to get
>>> some more yrs out of >it... As far as she knows it is still stock except
>>> for maybe memory... I have heard some of you talk about the >B&W, Sawtooth,
>>> Yikes, etc etc etc do you know what this one is???  Thank You!!! Rich

Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where we are
going...