On Aug 12, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Al Poulin wrote:

> I like what Dale and Dan both say about the quad interfaces.  If you
> limit yourself to the two interfaces you have with your old Mac, you
> may need one of the other interfaces for your next Mac.  I have one of
> the macsales/OWC 1TB Mercury Quad boxes with a Hitachi drive.  It
> works like a champ for CCC with iBook FW 400, MacBook USB, and two
> Intel iMacs, using FW 400, and FW 800.
>
> Al Poulin
The OWC USB FW 400 enclosure will also work on FW 800 ports as well the cable
is the detemining component here, The cost of the enclosure is cheaper than the
Quad box.
So for back up and bootable use IMHO the USB and FW400 covers all the bases on
all machines no Apples have eSATA  ports unless you upgrade them and then
that's another can of worms. Actually a Combo 500GB USB FW portable shirt drive
will suit all in good fashion and real cheap now days.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP