I hooked up this G4 Power Mac M5183 that I've been working on to the HP
w2338h Monitor with the original video card that came with the Tower when new,
my first boot the resolution was 1440x900 @ 59 Hertz (it was calibrating on
boot) then we shut it down and rebooted and it calibrated again, now it's up to
1920x1080 @ 60 Hertz and that is max for this monitor and it's full screen
too... I am wondering if this is good or could this ruin the monitor or video
card???
   Another question I have is I went to install my OS 9.2.2 retail disc and it
wouldn't work (it worked with Jaguar???) So I downloaded OS 9 Netboot but it
only runs classic, she can't boot into OS 9 from the Startup Disc in System
Preferences, now she has the original OS 9.1 install disc and the restore disc
if I run these will it erase Tiger??? She is really very happy with it so far
and thanks everyone here who help me do this!!! Right now she is switching the
monitor cable from HP PC Tower to Power Mac Tower and we are looking for a
switch box so she doesn't have to do this in the future...

Scars only tell us where we have been, they do not have to dictate where we are
going...