Hi Matevž,

Thanks for the good advice! The keyboard actually worked for all
purposes like selecting the startup drive, getting into firmware,
booting into safe mode, and so forth. It's when the OS is loaded that
I would lose all keyboard input.

Tried all of the above. No cigar. Then I switched the HDD for another
HDD with Leopard also installed (remnants of a dying MDD that I'm
parting out) and everything works as it should.

I Googled the problem and found at least a couple of instances where
people lost keyboard access after trying an incompatible stick of RAM,
but zero solutions or explanations. So now, although I solved the
problem somehow, I am curious as to what might have caused it in the
first place. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Felix