On Sep 28, 3:46 pm, Alex <kab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, it is a Quicksilver model. And I'm getting an ATI Radeon 9600 card
> from ebay.

Whatever you do, don't get a graphics card from somebody in China. I
checked the prices and surprisingly the flashed Geforce 6200 have
basically disappeared. If I were you, though, I would go with a Radeon
9800 Pro. It's better than the 9600 and you can find it for about the
same price.

> If I do run Leopard I will try LeopardAssist for the
> install, though I think it's weird that Apple will let a 867 MHz
> single processor Quicksilver run Leopard but it won't let an 800 MHz
> dual processor Quicksilver which gets much better benchmarks run
> Leopard.

My thoughts exactly. Be prepared for quirks, though; I did a clean
Leopard install from another computer using target disk mode, and my
dual 800Mhz Quicksilver wouldn't boot from it. It, however, boots fine
from a HDD with 10.5.8 on it...