On 10/17/10 8:15 PM, Tina K. of penguir...@gmail.com sent

> On 2010/10/17 15:26, DLC so eloquently wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to de-authorize only one computer (out of the 5-
>> station quota) on an iTunes account? My wife reached her limit with a
>> new netbook a while ago - I bumped up her home office with a new (to
>> her) G5, which needs authorizing. So far, the only options I can find
>> are to tolerate the present state, or de-authorize all 5
>> stations in one fell swoop (which means all prior purchase records are
>> lost-not good).
>
> The last I knew de-authorization was an all or nothing affair. What do
> you mean by lose your past purchase records? If you mean authorization
> for DRM protected files iTunes will ask you to enter name & password
> when you play them.
>
> Tina

Hi Tina,
Thanks for responding. We're concerned that de-authorization will wipe out
the data that's been purchased. I'm of the opinion that de-authorizing (all
5) then re-authorizing your new Macs should not have a bearing on the data,
but the Mrs. Isn't so sure, and, yeah, it is her stuff!

Any clarification would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Dana