On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Bruce Johnson <john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu
> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2010, at 10:55 PM, Stephen Conrad wrote:
>
> > OK, my machine just shut down and when I fired it back up this is what
> was
> > sent to Apple
> > In plain english what is the issue
> >

> >      Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
> >         com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI(2.5.5)@0x49b000
> >            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(2.8.1)@0x467000
> >            dependency:com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(1.7)@0x491000
>
> It appears to be a problem with a USB device or port, or possibly a USB PCI
> card, if you have one. (I believe that the onboard USB ports also make use
> of IOPCIFamily, too, although I'm not positive.)
>
> The crash happened in the usb driver :
>
> com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI
>
> The dependencies are system libraries that the USB driver was using at the
> time of the crash:
>
> com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily
> com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily
>
> What were you doing when it happened? What USB devices were plugged in?

The one port  has the following:

USB KB (which has the Mouse and a Targus Card Reader which has a
CompactFlash Card (FC-32M) in it.

The other port has the following:

4 Port Hub which has a USB Flash Drive, 2 Digital Cameras (one is plugged in
to a power cord and the other is not always plugged into the USB Hub) and a
USB 4-Port Hub. This 2nd Hub has 3 USB Flash Drives and another 4 Port USB
2.0 Hub. NOW, this 3rd Hub has a power cord and only has 2 USB Flash Drives
in it (I think the other 2 ports have died).

The 2nd USB Hub needs a DC5V Power Cord (none of my cords fit it)
The camera with no power cord does not have any place to plug one in.

--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind; to go
forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")