On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:09 AM, JoeTaxpayer <joetaxpaye...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I remember the Radio Shack TRS-80, otherwise known as "trash-80".
> Played on it at store but never bought, I used a Commodore 64 at that
> time.

Lets see, in my life I have used

Education settings

1) Apple ][e at my first HS and in my first college

2) TRS-80 at my second HS (in class) but it had an Apple ][e in the library.

     I forget which TRS-80 model but I remember it was Blue

3) This is more complex but here goes. Another college I attended had
various

     Apple computers

      a) LCII in MY dorm room but others had LCII or comparable computers

      b) LC models in one computer lab, another lab had an SE/30, a Centris,

          Quadra, various II models and I think the odd SE model. This lab
had a few

          PCs too

4) Various PCs at my last college

5) At an elementary school I did a 1 week stint as a Temp (Janitor) they had
an LC

     with the Apple ][e card in it.

At home I have had:

NOTE: Not sure if the ADAM or C=64 came first

1) An Atari 2600 (I coveted the KB that I saw in a few ads). I never got
said KB

2) An ADAM Home Computer (from my Aunt). I still have it

3) A C=64 (from a friend). 1st one died and was sent in for repair. I still
have #2

     along with my 5.25" floppy drive (I may have more than one)

4) Mac Performa 405 with a StyleWriter II printer. This was for the family
but when

     dad upgraded it went to my room. Yep, I still have it.

5) PowerMac 6100. At first this was Dad's toy but it became the family
computer. It

     stayed with my parents till it died. Sent in for repairs it came back
as something

     else (I forget the model but it was a MB swap)

6) Was gone when this happened but Mom got an Apple IIgs. I covet this
machine!

Now a subset, those that I got on my own (in no particular order)

512K (2)

Plus (6, some have screen issues I am told I can fix by cleaning the MB)

SE

SE FDHD

IIcx

IIsi (2)

IIci (I *Heart* my IIci)

LC

Performa 405  (noted above)

Performa 450

Quadra 605

Quadra 650 MB

PowerMac 5260/100

PowerMac 5400/180 (both these machines are acting up)

PowerMac 8600/200

Blue & White G3 (a Smurf)

Quicksilver (800 MHz running Tiger 10.4.11)

Apple ][e (3, 2 are set up and 1 is gonna be a print spooler)

Apple //c

Franklin Ace 500 (Apple clone, it does not currently work)

And a Sun 3/60

An Atari (I cannot remember which model)

And my PC (in no order)

An HP that takes 8" Floppies

8088

8086

Various PCs (386, 486 and some Pentiums)

My local library is all PCs

> On Oct 25, 1:52 am, Richard Gerome <onecoolka...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >    The only computer from Radio Shack that I remember was the "Tandy
> Apple Clone" ... Never knew they made others too???-----Original
> Message-----
>
> --

Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind; to go
forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")