On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Jeff Bequette <jbeque...@tconl.com> wrote:

> What were the HDs for the Apple and early (Plus, SE, etc.) Macs?
> The Commodore computers? The ADAM Home Computers?
>
> I wonder because I have a Commodore Plus/4 and a C=64 as well as an old
> ADAM Home Computer. I know the ADAM took tapes but I heard it could use an
> HD as well (never investigated this so maybe it was akin to Vaporware)

Amigas at first had no HD. But expensive adapters soon emerged.
They took for the most part SCSI which was later built in to some models.
ISA and Zorros slots could run IDE cards. HDs were very expensive. My first
used A500 bought in 1993 had a 40 MB in a big box that housed the interface
also. and also had a RAM expansion in between the HD and the console.
Ungainly but not bad when you got used to it. Then models with slots came.
There are even USB adapters now.

A so called COmmodore 64 is reemrging. A console PC really.

Tandy/Radio Shack models called CoCos ( Color Computers ) used tape drives.
I think it is only in the last ten years their adherents have developed
drive interfaces.

--
Adrian D'Alessio aka; Fluxstringer

fluxstrin...@gmail.com