On Oct 28, 2010, at 4:18 PM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:

I'm interested in a Quicksilver 2002 and a Gigabit Ethernet, the QS
for OS X and the Gigabit for Linux on PPC.

I'm enjoying my Quicksilver 2002 Dual 1GHz, but had to replace the motherboard after a lightening strike nearby ... turns out the original eBay one must have been defective and I just did not know it, although used it for a couple of years before 20/20 hindsight clarified things relative to a touchy M-Audio 2496 PCI sound card.

With the new mobo, I'm running OS X 10.5.8 successfully with a SeriTech SATA PCI card and Seagate SATA drives. Doing VHS tape to DVD disk conversions using an external ADVC300 converter box.

I might go for an MDD next, but settled for the QS 2002 since the MDDs were still relatively expensive, and I read some report that the increase in bus speed over the QS to MDD did not show much increase in overall throughput. Something about a bottleneck somewhere's else, or Apple had just reached a design limitation.

I'm also enjoying daily use of a Digital Audio that someone had put a Dual G4 533 into ... works great, too with SeriTech SATA PCI card and SATA drives.