On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Gottick International <i...@gottick.com> wrote:

> The old one had a jumper. ;-) And I put it in the same spot on the new drive.

Not sure if there ever was a resolution to this or not and I'm curious.

As was previously pointed out, just copying the jumper settings from
an old drive to a new one is not a good way to go. Did you try
removing the jumper and seeing what happens with this drive? Have you
tried attaching it as an external drive via USB or firewire?

-irrational john