Hi Dana,
              Pleased to say you inspired me, so I just whipped the
Atto UL2D SCSI card and the 80GB drive out of the old 733 QS tonight,
and stuck it into the 933. Went ahead and tried a  Leopard install
from the Time Machine drive.  Absolutely no problem at all,
everything  went tremendously smoothly, and Leopard seems to run
nicely on the 933, so I now have the choice of Tiger or Leopard. Now I
just need to find a way of permanently mounting the SCSI drive (which
at the moment is perched under the DVD drive!).
 I have a drive cage from a Sawtooth, which has the housing for a Zip
drive underneath, but I somehow doubt that this would be compatible
with the QS case - although I've just looked in my 733 QS case and
that HAS got the optical cage with the under case, so that's probably
the way to go, especially since the 733 seems terminally unhappy.

 (This is the machine that requires multiple (100+!) reboots until it
eventually stabilises, and then works fine until powered off - it
powered itself off some months ago and I never got around to
restarting it, and it was thrown/moved gently  aside when the 933
arrived. I did post a thread about it but never got any definitive
answers.  I tried it the other night and it would get as far as a bong
every few attempts, but I never got it to get any further this time.
It used to eventually get to the desktop and then die, then it would
run for a couple of minutes and die again,  I had it set up to reboot
on power off, which meant I could leave it sorting itself out for the
hour it would usually take to stabilise, but in a moment of inspired
madness I zapped the PRAM, so I was back to button pushing again! DUH!
Guess I need ANOTHER QS so I can try a power supply swap to see if
that's the problem).

I suppose stage 3 is to slap my other little SCSI drive in there and
see if I can get a working Linux distro on to that, but that can wait
for another night!

And at some point I have to get a new DOS/WINDOZE machine up and
running so I can flash my 9200 graphics card to put in the QS (64MB
Geforce MX is not really cutting it, although it's better than the
32MB it came with) - my main working PC (rarely used these days!) for
some reason came without an AGP slot (I got it off a dumpster for free
so I treated it to a 256MB PCI graphics card).  THIS machine I got off
ebay - someone had split it up to sell it - I was bidding on its
Firewire card and I bid for the rest on a whim, since nobody else
seemed interested and I got the whole machine w/o HD for £5. 5 year
old PCs just don't hold their value like 5 year old Macs do they! :)

Dan.