On Dec 29, 2:21 pm, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Two days?
> Two weeks?
>
> ROFL
>
> Water apparently takes a long time to evaporate in some areas on the
> planet!  I guess it's kind of like the way electrons flow at
> different speeds off motherboards, when people are told to pull their
> PRAM battery for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, two hours, overnight,....

someone who claims to be a psychoceramic emeritus (anyone know WTF
that's supposed to mean?) should understand that water does evaporate
at different rates, and electrons do flow at different speeds,
depending on the environment.  the rate of evaporation of any liquid
depends on the vapor pressure present in the air in contact with the
liquid surface.  in the close confined space under the keys of a
keyboard where the air does not circulate very well, it can indeed
take days or longer to dry thoroughly, and it would also depend on the
ambient relative humidity as well.  and electrons do indeed flow a
different rates, depending on the nature of the media through which
they are flowing, so if someone is waiting for every single capacitor
on a motherboard to discharge into space or thru an open circuit, it
can take days or longer.  (or is that only for CRT's?)