At 8:52 AM -0600 12/29/2010, Stephen Conrad wrote:

1) Kitty dumped Diet Pepsi on my (Mac) USB KB. How should I clean it so it can be sued again?

Yea, that's right, blame it on the cat. Let's face it - you're *terrible* staff. If you'd been doing your job you would have been petting her not farking around on some computer.

And what's the deal with the aspertame being near your computer? That stuff is TOXIC! Get it OUT of your HOME!

Don't even think of suiing your cat.  That's simply unacceptable.

WRT using the keyboard again... damp cloth, maybe some rubbing alcohol, might work. Depends on how far the liquid got into the electronics while it had power. You *did* unplug the thing as soon as the spill occurred, right?

In the meantime I am on a new Logitech K120 USb KB. On this beastie (actually it is rather nice) which key combo do I use to reboot?

None of the Logitech keyboards I've used can boot a Mac. They just don't have the logic for it.

2) I tried to eject a CD and no go. Which key ejects CDs? If that does not work how can I manually eject this CD?

My Logitech has a nice eject button in the upper right corner. But like all the other special buttons, it only works when LCC is running.

You could just drag the disc to the trash.

Or do a 'diskutil eject' command from Terminal.

Or boot and hold down the mouse button...

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.