On Jan 3, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Leo Hoyt wrote:

I have a dual 2.7 Ghz PPC G5 w/ 4.5 GB ram.  The machine recently
started powering off without warning.  Is this signs of a power supply
failing?  If so how hard are the power supplies to replace in these
towers?

Thanks for the help.

Leo
The Powersupply can be replaeced by remvoving the CPU not too hard but be very careful of alignment removing it and replacing it. I can send you instructions OFF-LIST if you need it. Check the inside floor for any dampness it can be a leaking heat sink and when a processor over heats the Dual 2.7's shut down. In my experience a power supply works or doesn't work. You can unplug all the connectors and clean. Also make sure system profiler is actually reporting the 4.5 GB's of RAM. The RAM must be installed in pairs.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
From TiBook 867