At 1:07 PM -0800 1/15/2011, smac0031 wrote:
In the past two months I've gotten 4 kernel panics. The first one I
couldn't say what I was doing when it happened. The second and third
happened when i was launching an old game and OS9, first changing the
monitor resolution and then launching the old game. It happened twice
in a row, when it would never happen before. The latest instance when
I was running Firefox and looking at a couple of web pages.

I would say these are pretty much random. I've run this game since the
two kernel panics without a problem.

This is am DAG4 with 1.6ghz processor upgrade, 1.5gigs of ram, OSX 1.4.11.

This just started happening in the past couple of months. Any suggestions?

Kernel panics are not random: they occur for specific reasons. The gory details are recorded in the panic logs... Take a look at them.

If you don't know how to read 'em, zip 'em up and email them to me directly (pls don't paste them into a reply here - they get re-wraped etc by the mail system, so they cannot be easily read or searched).

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.