At 9:38 PM -0500 1/15/2011, Dan wrote:
Kernel panics are not random: they occur for specific reasons. The gory details are recorded in the panic logs... Take a look at them.

(for thread completeness).

Mark emailed a panic.log to me.  Each panic therein shows a crash in
        com.eltima.ElmediaPlayer.kext(1.0)@0x6f3000

That's part of a free 3rd party Flash player from Elmedia that's known to be very buggy. Rather odd that they need to hack the OS (kernel extensions are code segments that are loaded into the core of the OS!) just to play Flash videos. That's the type of thing that should be done from a normal *non-privileged* user-mode codec, eg: a plug-in to QuickTime (which is what Adobe provides).

via my email reply I recom that he dump the product and the extension.

HTH,
- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.