> Personally I wouldn't think a processor upgrade, even a used one,
> would be worth it if you are getting a new Mac soon.

Part of the return on the investment would be learning to perform a
processor upgrade by doing it. A CPU upgrade would seem to go hand in
hand with bringing the computer up to speed in other ways, but I may
be overestimating the benefits and underestimating the risks, hence my
questions. In any event, the Sawtooth is becoming a hobby, and the
payoff will be in the learning and seeing what I can do. I don't
expect to recoup any money spent on it.

Thanks for mentioning Monolingual. Sounds like a good idea.

Sean