On Jan 22, 3:58 pm, peterh...@cruzio.com wrote:
> > Cyberguys also has 2.5" drives, but all of the drives in this size,
> > IDE/ATA and SATA, are 5400 RPM. The 2.5"IDE/ATA drives are Western
> > Digital and come in 80GB ($57), 160GB ($72) and 250GB ($88)
> > capacities.
>
> Micro Center stocks WD ATAs in up to and including 320 GB.
>
> Micro Center's price on 320s is about $100 ... their price on 160s is
> about $65.

Amazon offers the 5400RPM WD 320GB 2.5" drive for $90 with free
shipping.
<http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-2-5-Inch-Notebook-WD3200BEVE/dp/
B001SQH1DY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1295905894&sr=8-1>

I think I found it one or two other places for about $10 less, but the
other places seemed to be offering OEM drives which did not include
Western Digital's 3 year warranty.   The item description for this
drive on Amazon's site claims it has the WD warranty, so even if WD
doesn't honor it, one could complain to Amazon.

I'm pretty sure there was a 500GB 2.5" PATA drive from WD for a little
while, but no one seems to have stock any more.  Unless WD announced
it and never shipped it?

I bought one (the 320GB) for my G4 Mini, but I have not installed it
yet.  It's going to cause a cascade of upgrades which I'm not quite
ready for yet.

Jeff Walther