I liked the way that, during sleep, the power button light on my old
Gig-E would fade and brighten. I don't know when Apple started with
this, but it was new to me in 2000. (I liked to point out this amusing
- but not useless - feature to non-Mac people, i.e. almost everyone,
the same way I pointed out every other Apple superiority - though for
all I know other brands might have also included this feature or
something similar at some point.) Slowly. So relaxing you could fall
asleep to it yourself. Silly but true. The "new" Sawtooth is more
hyper this way. Rapid breathing. It's the visual equivalent of
snoring.

So - how do you change the "breathing rate" of a sleeping Power Mac
G4?

Sean