On Jan 30, 2011, at 10:13 AM, imrazor wrote:

On Jan 27, 7:39 pm, James Therrault <jetas...@netzero.com> wrote:
The best that I can get with my 22" Samsung Synchmaster 22" wide
screen is 1680x1050.

Do I have to utilize both video ports to achieve higher resolution?
Seems I was doing better than this when hooked up to my old G4
Gigabit with a measly 16MB Vram.

JT

(Late 2009 Core duo Mini with Nividia graphics/256MB Vram shared with
main memory (4GB))

My ancient 22" Apple Cinema Display only gets 1600x1024. I still
prefer it over my 21.5" Acer @ 1920x1080. The Apple monitor seems a
fair bit larger than .5" would suggest. Maybe it's the 16:10 vs 16:9
aspect ratio...

I believe at that time that Samsung was building the Apple displays and my 22" Synchmaster 225bw is probably very similar including the max resolution.

Dual link is the answer but Apple's solution doesn't get anywhere near rave reviews...

JT