Ok I will try to reseat the video card. I believe this is on a DVI Connector
because I'm using a 15" flat panel display. Yea and there is no grey screen at
all. The monitor is powered on automatically by the CPU.

--- On Wed, 2/2/11, imrazor <evol...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: imrazor <evol...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: G5 powermac 1.8 single issues
To: "G-Group" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 5:27 PM

On Feb 2, 3:56 pm, Clmtyne <mamahay...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> i just purchased a g5, 1.8 as well and my problem is simualar to a
> past post but different. The machine came with no hard drive, so I'm
> booting from a external 60 gig FireWire drive. The system and the
> monitor are communicating because every 7 seconds the yellow light on
> the monitor blinks when the whtie light on front of the CPU blinks,
> but there is no video from the monitor. I tried reseating the ram, and
> that seem not to have any affect. Also I noticed the longer the system
> was powered on i could hear a fan getting louder and louder, where I
> thought the machine was getting ready to take off like a jet engine or
> something.
> Questions- why am I not seeing video, and upon engaging the button on
> front of the system, it never chimes, just powers on and sits there.
> So what's up ?

The fan behavior indicates that the operating system is not loading.
You should at least get a gray screen with a flashing folder
indicating that the machine can't find an OS. This could be several
things; the first thing that pops into my head is that you may have a
bad video card. Have you reseated the video card? Do you have an ADC
monitor and video card, or are you using a VGA or DVI connector?