If you are looking for a case that is not damaged in any way. I have one. It's
pretty bare. looking for a $100.00, maybe less.

--- On Wed, 2/2/11, jason <yoinkma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: jason <yoinkma...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1.8 ghz g5 tower
To: "G-Group" <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 6:11 PM

Hey everyone, sorry it took me a whole day to get back to the
discussion.  So, to elaborate further on the system in question, I got
it on an auction site as "parts or repair" --the case was listed as in
good shape.  When I got it yesterday through the USPS, it looked like
it had been dropped, the seller didn't package it very well, and so
the feet on one side of the case were broken at the rivets...I was a
little skeptical of it working...
My 13 and 11 year old boys were rubbing their hands together to see if
it would work(mouths watering, so to speak).  I let them at it, at
they had it up and running with a firewire drive.  My older son
couldn't tell for sure if the superdrive was working or not, so he put
an old dvd drive in, which worked fine.
I got a new 1Tb hard drive in this afternoon before I left for work,
so I let it install 10.4, and the boys were going to fiddle around
with it for me.
It has a radeon 9600 pro card, it was the first edition(?) 1.8 g5 with
the pci-x slots, I just got a couple of 512 sticks of ram, in case it
didn't work, and an adc display.

So I guess for now, it's up and running.  Other than the case being
beaten(!) up (hopefully nothing else is fractured) it seems to be
running ok.  Not bad for 49 bucks+shipping...  Although in retrospect,
I guess I should have asked the seller to be generous on the
packaging.

I would like to convert some mini-dv movies to dvd, anyone have any
preferences for software other than ProTools?

Any suggestions for other software for a cheapskate?
Thanks all.
Jason