From: "Matevž Markovič" <ivwcorporation.mat...@gmail.com>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:19:17 AM
Subject: Re: Powermac G4 mdd dual Strange noise???

Hy!

I am installing a new system for my powermac (and I am like bit on the edge
with my nerves, because everything goes wrong), and I heard no such noise when
I loaded the optical drive with my installation DVD. It seems that this sound
poops up randomly.

Well, I this computer is normally up for days, but iStat reads 46-49C
temperature, so there should be no problem. I really hope that it is not
something wrong with the PSU. Should I reset PMU? If so, with what command in
the open firmware?

p.s. I is it OK for the CRT monitor to be in standby mode for days? I really
worry, because sometimes I leave the computer on when I leave home (it does
some intense processing). My monitor is SAMSUNG SyncMaster 957p, some 8 years
old. The image is of very high quality, never damaged (as far as I know), on
the power surge.

Thanks for answers,

Matevž