A couple questions for Sawtooth owners:

1. What color is your power button LED? (Mine appears green - think
the LED is actually more of a yellow or yellow-green)

2. What is the approximate pulsation rate of this LED during Sleep?
(Mine is ~1.5 seconds for a full cycle of dark-brightest-dark again.
My old Gig-E - white LED - was at a much more leisurely ~4 second
pulsation rate)

I suspect that this LED is on its own hardwired circuit, as Dan
suggested. If there was a way to tinker with it through the OS, it
would have been discovered by now. Others have tried in vain already.

Just the same, I looked into 'man pmset' (in the 10.4 manual pages)
and didn't see anything very promising. I tried and got nothing but
the same generic "recipe book" of allowed commands/arguments whether I
typed (in Terminal) either of these:

pmset ~g [pslog or whatever]

sudo pmset ~g [pslog or whatever]

That was disappointing. I tried reading a Shell Script Primer, but my
eyes glazed over. Sometimes it's better to start in the middle with a
clue than at the beginning with none. All I want at this point is a
sensible conversation with Terminal - I won't be messing with kernels
or kexts (whatever *they* are - let me guess - kernel extensions?) any
time soon. To paraphrase an amusing bit from another poster here, my
relationship with the command line has only gotten as far as agreeing
to meet for coffee.

Sean