On Feb 10, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Scotty wrote:

I have a copy of Leopard from my Quicksilver but if
fails to install and Leopard Assist does not seem to work (I have
actually never successfully gotten Leopard Assist to work on a non
supported G4.).

Then use the Open Firmware method instead of Leopard Assist:
<http://lowendmac.com/osx/leopard/openfirmware.html>

If you were needing to install Leopard on a lot of old Macs slower than 867MHz you could probably make an install DVD missing the test for 867MHz, but this would be slightly harder than the Open Firmware hack above.

I think Tiger is best for G4 PPC Macs, but Leopard will do if that's what you've got. If the QuickSilver is supported for Leopard you can use Firewire Target disk mode between the QuickSilver and Digital Audio to install onto the DA HD.