I agree that you may need to check you power supply to make sure it
can handle it, but gaming is not the only instance where hadware
graphic acceleration is helpful.  Anything graphics/video intensive
will almost certainly benefit.  I am not sure how that argument of the
CPU being a bottleneck is relevant though unless I am completely
misunderstanding their meaning.  The whole reason a video card was
invented in the first place was to take as much of the graphics
related work off the CPU and system memory.  So the best video card
you can get away with should actually benefit a system with a modest
CPU because the video card is handling most of the graphics workload.