I think I have found (at least one) culprit. Looking in the
CrashReporter log,
Process:         DashboardClient [1171]
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000000003ffc0
Crashed Thread:  0

Plus whenever I start Dashboard it triggers the whole speed dump
problem.

Also Bruce I think it needs RAM as well. With Safari and Firefox open
with 4 tabs, mail open, and textedit, I am down to 18 MB of free RAM!

So besides some more RAM what could be wrong w/ Dashboard?
Thanks alot,
Dan