On 2011/04/16 11:49, PETER WARNER so eloquently wrote:
I would like to burn something with Toast onto a Dual Layer DVD.
I have Toast on my Dual 450 Gig Ethernet, and
I have a Dual Layer capable Super Drive in my Lombard...

As far as I know there is no way on earth to get a Lombard into Target
disk mode, even though I have Firewire PC card.
I tried to install Toast 9 on the Lombard, and that does not work either.

I need Toast because I want the DVD to be bootable, and Disk Utility
does not seem to be doing the trick.

Can I somehow use that burner over the LAN, in Toast?
Or is there some way to burn a bootable disk from .dmg that I am not
thinking of?

Both systems are running 10.4.11

Install an older version of Toast on the Lombard that supports ToastAnywhere?

Swap the HDDs?

Swap the ODDs?

Transfer the file via Bonjour?

Transfer the file via flash drive?

Tina

--

iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11

PB G4 15" HR-DLSD 1.67GHz G4 2GB RAM Radeon 9700 128MB VRAM 10.4.11

Mac Pro Mid-2010 2.8 GHz QC 6 GB RAM Radeon HD 5770 1GB VRAM 10.6.6