On Apr 16, 2011, at 11:33 AM, peter wrote:

Just open Disk Utility and click on burn then select the .dmg.

Tried that and made a coaster, luckily the 15 pack of DL DVDs are on
sale for $10 at staples this week, so it's not a huge loss.

The Lombard should burn the .dmg in DU, if the drive is up to it, try elevating the PB and place a fan at it. Is the .dmg properly created?

The Lombard DVD drive may be too weak to do the burn.

John,
Can you elaborate on this? If it is a superdrive, capable of burning
Dual Layer, is it the laptop that is not providing enough power?

I Use external FW drives on my Wally's and even my TiBooks and the MBP because the slim drives have trouble with DL burns maybe the Laser isn't bright enough. Also the PB's seem to have trouble with extended burn times on the module drives. They can do CD's kinda ok but slow. I'd get an external FW Pioneer 18L in the cheapest enclosure you can get and use it on both machines they're pretty cheap nowadays.

I use Toast 7 and 8.

Looks like I will need the older copy of toast then.

Toast 7 for the Lombard. But still for burning I'd use

What do you have for a burner on the 450 dual?

John Carmonne

My G4 has no burning capabilities, I have an external CD burner hooked
up to it.

Peter

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA 92886