On 18/4/11 11:03 AM, Bill Connelly wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2011, at 9:39 AM, shirley allan wrote:
>>>
>> I'm running rember to check RAM . Where would I find applejack?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/applejack/
>
> memtest can be installed at the same time (recommended) and used
> during a Single User Mode Startup and use of applejack.

Ok, I downloaded it and got 'AppleJack Distribution.mpkg' not .dmg -
what do I do with a .mpkg?

> Don't want to disappoint you, but ... Remember what someone else said
> about trying to view video from youtube ... the QS 733 is probably
> going to be disappointing. So even though your upgrades might get the
> machine going, you might also feel like you've wasted some time and
> energies. Adobe's app (Flashplayer?) for playing the video isn't very
> good, and has evolved to require a faster machine.

We at least will be able to put the last Turquoise iMac in the closet
with her brother and the Quadra 610. If u-tube videos are
even marginally watchable, that'd be an improvement.
> I download all youtube videos and then play them using VLC locally ...
> not streaming, in my Dual 533 Digital Audio. Otherwise, it's choppy.
> Makes me mad every time ... lol
>
> You might also try using another USB KB and Mouse ... sometimes they
> can be a problem.

I'll try that.
> Also disconnect any other externals so you can simplify the process.

Done
> Is the video card a good one?

How to tell?