Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying an Xserve to replace my old desktop PC (a
Pentium III 733 MHz), but I've never used or even seen one before in
person. I've heard they're usable as desktops, if you've got the room
and a good video card—and my room has spaces that would be more blade-
server friendly than regular desktop-friendly.

The Intel models are out of the question for me (hence why I'm posting
here and not in one of the Intel groups), but I'm not sure whether to
get the G4 or a dual-G5. I'd be using it basically as a server for my
LAN and as a part time workstation.

Any advice?
Austin Leeds
Sent from my iPad