I have a PowerMac G4 DA (OSX 10.4.11 and MacOS 9.2.2), and a LaserWriter
Select 360 printer.

When I switched from the Beige G3 to the G4 DA, I wanted to keep this fine
laser printer, so I found and installed the Griffin g4Port (it's a little
device substituting the modem card, and giving the G4 a serial/printer port
like older Macs).

The g4Port+LaserWriter work fine in OS9, but I would like to print in OSX as
well - and I can't understand how to set it up.
Since when I got the G4 I was still using mostly OS9, I didn't care much
about printing in OSX (10.3.9 at the time). Now I do (since I'm using OSX
almost exclusively), but I don't know how to set it up nor for OSX neither
for Classic.

Griffin FAQ says the g4Port is compatible with OSX 10.3 (we are talking 2002
here). I think it should be compatible with 10.4 as well.
I installed its drivers, but... then what?

- I go to OSX  Preferences/Print, and it lists "Adobe PDF 8.0" and "iP2000"
(a Canon inkjet, working ok) only. If a create a new printer based on "Adobe
PDF 8.0", it creates a PDF, no printing.
- I tried messing around in "Network" and "Print" preferences: I see g4Port
in "Network" but I can't set it to Appletalk, and there's no G4Port or
LaserWriter at all in "Print".
- If in "Network" I create a new position, I can set "g4Port" in "Show".
Then what? All the tabs are for Internet (PPP, TCP/IP, Proxy, Modem).

- From Classic (I mean, inside OSX), I can't print either (I seem to
remember I was able to print from Classic in 10.3, but I might be wrong).
Inside "Chooser" I click on "LaserWriter 8" icon (like I do in OS9), but no
printer appears on the right.
When I try to print (e.g. from QuarkXpress) I get an "Unknown error -5751".

I know it's an old piece of hardware, but I hope someone is able to shed
some light - the whole Network/Print prefrences are quite obscure to me. :-/

Thanks in advance,
Valter