Il giorno 3-06-2011 7:32, Kris Tilford ha scritto:

> Did you ever print in 10.4.11 on the old Beige, or with it printing in
> OS 9 only also?
IIRC, on the Beige G3 I was never able to print in OSX 10.3.9 (but I didn't
try very hard).
I always printed fine in OS9.

> Below is an old article on serial printing in OS X.
After reading that page, I get my LW Select 360 is not a serial printer, but
a LocalTalk one (it has PostScript L2):
>>> "The LaserWriters that are PostScript printers generally only have
>>> a LocalTalk port rather than a serial port"

> On this page, it says that the LaserWriter Select 310 (and
> I'm guessing also your 360?) use a non-standard protocol for
> communicating with the printer over a standard serial port & cable.
The LW S 310 has not LocalTalk, mine has it.
Mine has a parallel and serial port as well, but I think "going serial"
would only make it more complicated.
Thank you anyway.

My assumption is that, since it works fine in OS9 and there's an OSX driver,
there should be a way to use it in OSX as well.