At 17:27 +0200 6/17/11, Mac User #330250 wrote, and I snipped:
>> For a thermally limited cube you could measure the temperature and adjust
>> the clock speed accordingly. If you try to play some war game that demands
>> three dimensional viewing depending on your place in the synthetic
>> environment your machine will slow down.
>
>"depending on your place in the synthetic environment" ???
>I'm sorry, I'm not a native speaker. I don't understand.

Sorry. What I am referring to as the "synthetic environment" is the three
dimensional image that you appear to be inside of as you play.

Every time you move the computer needs to re-create the image from your
location and the direction you are looking.  That means vector arithmetic that
rotates every item in the 3-D database usually using 4 x 4  matrix
multiplications for each point in the image. It is a whole lot of arithmetic
that has to worry about which parts of the scene are obscured by others and
shadows due to the lighting.

The more you move around using the mouse or game console to make the moves the
more the computer has to do and it can be a whole lot.

The computation gets so intense that it is often unloaded to something like an
Nvidia graphics board that's made for the purpose.

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--