> Anyway, if I got this right, a Dual-533 from a DA (with an adjucted
> multiplicator to result in being a Dual-500/550/600 MHz) will NOT overheat
> the Cube, even as a dual processor system.
>
> http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10902
>
> What I didn't find yet is what installation modifications are necessary to
> get a Dual-533 from a DA (which has a mirrored processor module layout to
> the GE Dual-450/500) set up in a Cube.

Finally, I found a dual processor mod page:
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/cube/dual_g4_cube/dual_g4_cube.html

Looking at the pictures, in particular the systemboard and the space between
the processor connector and the IDE connector, I come to think that the
Dual-533 from the DA won't fit. The IDE connector is in the way.

This is sooo sad. It would have been a great improvement, because
1) the Dual-533 is a 7410
2) it would be two times 550 MHz (or 500 MHz depending on the thermal outcome)
3) Dual-533 processor modules are now fairly cheap

Any thoughts?
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250