>> QS 2002 dual 1.0 GHz processors work without modification in a QS 2001
>> of
>> any type.
>
> Thanks.
> The seller is telling me that the processor module is not compatible with
> my
> Quicksilver. So I bought something that doesn't work and it is my fault,
> because I don't have compatible hardware.

100 MHz bus processors are compatible with other 100 MHz bus processors
because these use the same socket and the same powering arrangement.

The 133 MHz bus processors are different.

ANY DA processor, single or dual uses only the socket for ALL its signals
and power. This is the same socket as the 100 MHz bus processors, but
because the physical position is different, there can be no mechanical
interchangeability.

Any QS processor, single or dual, uses BOTH the socket AND an additional
terminal for power.

DA processors are incompatible with QS machines.

QS processors are conditionally compatible with DA machines PROVIDED a
secondary source of +12 volts is provided to the processor card.